Tuesday, March 11, 2008

PCD Presents: Girlicious

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? MAKEOVER!

At least that's what they SAY is going to happen but I hardly noticed any difference save for Melissa, the uppity bitch of the girls, who got the Chelsea from last series look. As is another reality show tradition, one just had to have the total makeover breakdown. Jamie hates the colour which I thought was perfectly fine but it completely took her off her game.

Songs this week were a Disco theme. My personal favourite was this first group doing the SOS Band's Take Your Time. They had a great song and had the extra difficulty of doing it on roller skates. They at least gave them a barre in the front, crash protection I suppose, and it worked to their advantage. I still didn't see any faltering in the movements so they were safe.

Group 2 which did Blondie's Heart of Glass was screwed. Totally screwed. It seems like a simple song, sounds like a simple song but it's completely upper register and if you can't sustain that, as Chrystina couldn't, it's going to sound like crap. and it was, boy was it ever. Just my luck my long shot favourite Ilsa was in that group with Chrystina and makeover drama queen Jamie. Apparently Jamie is too proud to cry, but does anyway.

Group 3 with Donna Summer's Dim All the Lights was mostly meh for me. Both this group and the first group got much better songs to work with.

Ron Fair, I gotta ask, what the fuck is up with all the hats this year? Seriously dude, not helping you at all. Add the constant bitch face watching the performances and it's just not working.

It was either Chrystina or Jamie that was going to get the stiletto boot off, based on of course the edit through the entire show. In the end Jamie got to go off and get her hair redone.

This is one of those shows I don't know why I watch it but I keep coming back to it. Typically I would have watched this last night but between the constant repeats on the CW & Much Music it was easy to catch up on.

No comments: