Wednesday, March 12, 2008

America's Next Top Model 10: why, Dominique, WHY

this is one of the shows as I have just started this blog, I'm starting a little late in the game so I won't be trying to catch up. Let's just dive in shall we darlings?

Dominique oh how I hate thee! Why did you have to do good in the photo so the judges felt compelled to keep you on my TV for another week. 1st week you try and pull the "I have a child, therefore I deserve this more" card. 2nd week you insist on saying you're high fashion when we know you're nothing but Sears catalougue. Sorry m'dear but if Mr. Jay says you're not high fashion, you're not. This week you dare to call my favourite Whitney white trash, just because she tried to stop the rest from ganging up on Amie just because she wanted to shower in private.

First half of the show was all about runway with Mr. Jay taking the girls to the firehouse for a teaching session. I did feel really gratified that he really laid into Dominique and praised Whitney. Fatima, which I really wanted to like as she is the tragic back story model of this cycle but she just continues to be an uppity bitch and so not Ms. Attention to detail. They gave the girls sexy fire uniforms and she didn't have the shoes on. In the fashion show she had her shirt buttoned completely wrong.
Lauren continues to be a hopeless walker, just wanting to get off the damn runway ASAFP. I was rather surprised they didn't mention Whitney with her boob hanging out.

The photo shoot brought back memories of Save On Meats, which for those not in the Vancouver area is a large meat shop in the downtown east side that was my first job way back in 1987. They were not only modeling in a meat locker, they were wearing meat. Great, after a couple of actual clothing shoots here comes the concept shoot again. I will say there were several pairs of knee length boots I would have killed to have in my own meager collection. It would appear no one in this year's group is a militant vegetarian so we didn't have any of that type of drama.

Unlike last week they didn't completely cover Whitney up. I am probably being way to hopeful as I always root for the plus size girl but I really think she has a shot. She seemed to have the best attitude towards the weird wardrobe in a post interview but was a bit squicked when it was first put on.

Amis was little Miss Sleepy before judging, not even putting any effort in what she was wearing to panel. One would hope, and Tyra brought this up, after 9 Cycles of this show she would have to seen a season or two and would KNOW you don't come to panel looking like you just got out of bed, which 10 minutes before she actually did.

Via the joys of taping in an earlier time zone I was able to fast forward through the constantly repetitive list of prizes. I know they have to shill for the sponsors but damn it's tiresome. When I stopped towards the end I was more glad than usual. For some crazy reason, Tyra was singing. Don't Tyra, please just don't. I'm just sayin'!

I was so full of disappointment when Dominique was called up half way through the reveal. She remains the girl on the show I most want to reach through my screen and bitch slap. In the end it was down to Amis & Fatima. My hopes were dashed as Fatima remained and Amis was told to go bye bye.

Next week it looks like my pretend model BFF Whitney & Dominique come to words once again. I will be rooting for Whitney. Dominique must leave my TV if there is any justice.

**************************************
On a more general note, with my recent acquisition of digital cable I watched this episode when I got home taping it from a U.S. Station. The one thing with the joys of Canadian content laws is the simulcasting that CITY TV has to do so we never see up here My Life as a Cover Girl. I always felt left out on sites like Television Without Pity that I could never comment on them. I can confidently say I wasn't missing much. It becomes even more glaring when they play a regular Cover Girl commercial after the My Life as segment with last year's winner. Total reading off the cue cards delivery.

My fingers are tired and I have to save up some energy to maybe write about Rock of Love later.

No comments: